Everything Cincy

It is officially the week of spring break for campus. Unlike my friends, I did not go on vacation. I will be heading to New Orleans for a Marketing conference so check back soon for those updates. For spring break, I headed home which is about 30 minutes north of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. I love where I am from and everything that comes with being in that area. For this post, I am going to share my favorite parts of Cincinnati.
For starters that food is amazing. Between Skyline, Larosas, Graeters Ice Cream, and all the breweries I am in heaven for a week. This is significantly different from living in a village with limited choices. Many people talk bad about Skyline and I understand why. For those who did not grow up eating Cincinnati style chili it is significantly different from normal chili. I worked at a Skyline for three years and ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I can still eat it almost daily. The joke I have for it is that Skyline runs through my veins. My recommendation if you have never tried it or did not like it your first time is to try it two more times. Usually by the third try people like it, but I understand when people never get used to it. I have introduced so many friends to it and some like it and others hate it and just get cheese fries. Larosas is a family pizzeria chain in Cincinnati as well and it is my absolute favorite type of pizza. From their crust to the pizza sauce they have it figured out. This is also a bond I have with my brother that I would meet him for lunch at his work and grab us a pizza to share. I am hoping to do that Wednesday of spring break. The last food that is special to Cincinnati is Graeters Ice Cream. They are the only ice cream makers in the United States to still use the French Pot method. My recommendation is to try black raspberry chip. My personal favorite is mint chocolate chip. This comes from my 10th birthday where my dad got my friends and I a special tour of their original factory on Reading Road before they moved production.

After I eat all the food in the world while home my other plans are to visit my old work and co-workers, and hang out with friends and family. If it was not so early in the year, there would be many other things to do. Going to Reds games is my favorite along with bar hopping in the drinking district called OTR. My favorite brewery is located just north of that street and is called Rhinegeist, while my dad’s favorite just expanded and is called Madtree. Plus, if you are lucky you can run into our own local celebrity Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees in his own bar Lachey’s.
 There are many hidden gems in the city of Cincinnati and it is a great place to go for a weekend especially if you are wanting amazing food.

Remember to check back in the next few weeks for my updates from New Orleans. 

Comments

  1. Well as a senior I spent my last spring break remodeling my first home! Maybe spring break isn't for everyone. I have only been to Cincinnati a few times and only for Reds games, I love down town Cincy! it is always so much fun. Of course I am from Alger, where we have nothing to do so it is so nice to visit towns with so many options!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts