Video for Ohio Northern

As my bio says I am a senior at Ohio Northern University and I love sharing life tips with underclassmen. I wish that upperclassmen had given me these tips when I started college. Not knowing these things and having no one to share the experience with is why I almost transferred after my freshman year. It seems that most of this is assumed to be common knowledge but I was left unaware. To add to my tips, I have created a video sharing a few tips for Ohio Northern University and the Village of Ada which it is in.

First tip is to get involved. This was something I did not do. Nothing seemed interesting and I did not get truly involved until my sophomore year.

The second tip is to explore campus. I did this early which is how I found the ceramic studio on campus and took two classes in it.

The third tip is to explore the village. I did not find my favorite restaurant in the village until my senior year. Which it happens to be Jalapenos.

The last tip is to not be scared. Coming to college scared me so much. I lived in an area where you drove five minutes and everything was available. Moving to a small town seemed like I would lose my freedom. That was untrue as I found out later.


Enjoy some of my favorite views from this town and four tips when beginning your education. Check it out on YouTube or below!

Comments

  1. I really liked your video and think that it would be very beneficial for prospective and future students to watch. Also, I wish I had known those tips going into college. Ada is a small place in the middle of a corn field, but when you look at the overall picture, there is a lot to do here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this video as well and liked how you took a different turn on the project. You decided to give some helpful advice that I know I would have wanted coming into college last year. I feel like I will be able to know more when I am a senior just like you do now. Ada is so much more than just a small town, and you really showed that here! If I were a prospective student, I would find your video very beneficial because it actually gives a good student prospective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the way you set up your video was great to give advice to underclassman. As a student that commuted to college I am very uninvolved and know no one on campus so I wish I would have heard this advice as a freshman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely wish I had a video like this around my freshman year... I definitely didn't do half of these things my first year and was absolutely miserable. It would be nice if more freshman didn't feel the way I did. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts