Something Different to Watch

This blog is focused on one of my favorite TV shows. Outlander is working on their third season and they have already been approved for their fourth season. If that does not tell you it is good I do not know what would. The TV series is based on the book series by Diana Gabaldon which was first publish in 1991. My mom has been reading these books since then which means she has been reading this before myself or my brothers were born. I got sucked into this fandom two weeks before the start of sophomore year. I came home after my shift and found my mom on the floor of the living room trying to figure it out and find it online. The small downside to this series is it is on Starz which most people would have to buy, but that means it has more money for production and in my opinion is made better. The first episode we could watch for free and my mom forced me to watch it with her. I knew she loved this series, but I had no idea what the plot was or anything. An hour later I was hooked. Sucked into another fandom of craziness. The only issue? After my mom decided to sign up and pay for Starz I found out the next episode does not come out until I am back on campus. It’s a Sunday night, I saw one episode and wanted more and my mom did not own the book. I was on a hunt. I ended up downloading it on her Kindle (which was good because this was the start of her using it more). I finished the first book by the end of the week and finished the second before going to school. Just to find out that I could sign in online and watch the episode the day after it airs. It was probably a blessing to read the book first anyway. This became a bond between my mom and I that after I watched it Sunday mornings I would call her and discuss the episode. What is the hype about this show? Here is the season one trailer to get you hyped.



Let me tell you I get so into this story and I freak out while watching them! The episodes are made so well and follow the books closely. The cast has good chemistry and how can you not love Sam Heughen?








Here is my mom’s thoughts on the story overall: “The characters are very well developed and multi-dimensional. They’re not perfect but you love them, warts and all.” I agree on the warts comment cough cough Laoghaire MacKenzie.


 Now I just have to wait until September to watch season 3. Here is my question for you: if you were to go 200 years into the past what is the first thing you would do. 

Comments

  1. If I were to go anywhere back into the past the first thing i would do is explore! I 'm definitely going to check out the trailer for this show, I love getting hooked on new series. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts