Facts and Tips for Easter

Here comes Peter Cottontail! That’s right today is Easter which also means Easter break! It also shows that there is four weeks until graduation, but I am not thinking about that right now. Easter is the Christian holiday to commemorate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and is the most important day for the church. To celebrate the holiday here are 13 facts and tips.

  1. The popular Easter Bunny tradition found its way to the United States in the 1700s from Europe.
  2. Americans consume over 16 million jelly beans on Easter. My favorite is Starburst.
  3. 76% of people eat the ears of the chocolate bunnies first.
  4. Easter is the second most candy consuming holiday, after Halloween of course.
  5. Easter eggs represent joy, celebration and new life.
  6. The white trumpet lily is the Easter flower because it represents grace, purity, and virtue.
  7. If it is too wet or rainy to have an outdoor egg hunt do an indoor one with jelly bean hunting that coordinates with an egg.
  8. If the kids are all older have them hide baskets for their parents with goodies for them. Don’t forget to still give them an egg or two.
  9. Make sure to count the amount of eggs or baskets you are hiding before hiding them. (One year my cousin and I found Fun Dip the next morning while playing.
  10. Cow pie bingo featuring chicks
  11. Have older kids only pick up certain color eggs. In my family, these had a monetary value with them so big kids only wanted money not candy.
  1. Egg hunts only last so long plan other activities. One warm year we had a kayak race. Bad weather? Trivia is easy to put together.
  2. For young kids bringing a second outfit to hunt eggs in could save their Sunday best from grass stains.
  3. Best tip of all is head to the grocery store the day after Easter to grab 75% off candy.


Hope you had a wonderful Easter or at least a relaxing break from classes. Happy egg hunting!

Comments

  1. These tips are great! However I do not think they can affect my Easter. I am Greek, so I think the only tradition we have is to make an abnormal amount of food and be around family. But the Easter egg hunt for money sounds like an idea for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great tips and a clever thing to share especially because it is Easter! I am never good at Easter egg hunts honestly, yet it is a tradition for my family. I would definitely rather do a hunt for money over candy, that's a great idea for the older kids. By the way, I am part of that 76% because I always eat the ears off the bunny first! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching the younger kids search for the eggs we hide however, my family has an adult egg hunt and the eggs are hid rather hard and there is one egg with $100 bill in it! you could say it gets rather competitive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts