An Open Letter

Displaying Snapchat-1770944233.jpgThis is my first open letter and I am sending it to those that make my week hard. I am not one to complain or drag on my problems. If anything, I try to find the humor in them like this Snapchat I sent to my roommate Thursday morning. The next thing I want to do is thank those that made my week bad. This week has been one of the most trying weeks of my collegiate career. Between exhausting meetings, capstone projects, and group members going behind backs I will be freed when it is Friday. However, I would be stupid to expect my problems to go away just because it is the weekend. If any of these things had happened to me by itself, I would have been able to handle it no problem. It is the fact that it is three days in a row that I cannot seem to catch a break. I will handle these problems. Each one has a way I can solve it, but it will not be enjoyable to do.

Next I would like to thank those who took the time to listen to my problems: Professor Ewing for being understanding, my mom for answering her phone at 10:30 at night when I felt like giving up and crying. My roommate for hugging me while I was on the phone crying to my mom. My other two roommates who have been listening to my problems all week. The office ladies in Dicke who saw I was having a bad week and gave me a cookie. Lastly my counselor who at the time of me writing this blog I have not talked to but she seems to always know how to help me. I think part of the reason why I can make it through this week is because I know she will be there at the end of the week to help me. If you are like me and feel like you cannot catch a break I highly recommend the counseling center. I started going there for different reasons, but I would not stop going for any reason.


The ironic thing is as I write this blog post I received an invitation to join the communication honorary Lambda Pi Eta. The other problems in my life did not go away, but it gave me the opportunity to call my parents back and let them know that I will be okay. It will probably be the highlight of my week. I may not come out unhurt, but I will come out the other side. In the eye of a hurricane there is quiet. I do not believe in a higher power, but maybe it believes in me. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your honorary invitation! How exciting! I am sorry that it has been a rough week for you. I think at some point each semester, everyone has a break down. Hopefully, this can count as yours and the remainder of your senior year will be wonderful! Ranting can be a nice way to relieve stress. Once it's all out, you don't have to worry about it as much. It's nice that you have a very supportive roommate. I also feel like, although the professors here challenge us, they are typically very understanding if we have a rough week. Here's to better weeks to come!
    Best, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congratulations on your invitation! Receiving that letter had to make you feel amazing. The past couple of weeks have seemed to be trying for me as well. At some point, we all come across that hard week or couple of weeks where we feel like nothing is going our way. These moments bring us down temporarily, but deep down we know there will be a silver lining. Some days it is harder to see than others, but it is there. Once again congratulations and stay positive, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read your letter, I could not help but think of Rocky speaking to Adonis Creed. I do not remember exactly what he said, but there was one part that stood out. "It is not how you hit, It is about how you take the hit". These professors hit us with a lot of stuff, and they always seem to hit us at the worst times. It seems like you know how to take the hit, and congratulations by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts