Analysis of Chapter 9 & 10 The Art of Social Media

Chapter 9

Chapter nine was about Twitter chats and I must say that I love Twitter chats. I look multiple times a day to see what is trending on Twitter and usually there is a #ask_____. Fun fact: my other favorite trend is #______isoverparty because they seem so unnecessarily dramatic. It is used a lot by celebrities to get closer to their fans. I do not reply to the hashtag because I do not like getting sucked into those things and having other people know what I am into/asking. I usually take my time to see what the celebrities chose to respond to. I like seeing the interaction and people can ask the questions they are burning to know the answer too, but whomever made the Twitter chat ultimately gets to decide what to answer. Almost nothing is off limits (which can get a little scary in some fandoms). Here is the feed on one of the last Twitter chats I saw. I’ve also seen it where they made a video for each question they answered. That meant they answered less questions but it seemed like their fans enjoyed it more. 




Chapter 10

This little blue book called The Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick is one extremely sassy book. When a subheading says “Don’t Swear” and the immediately next sentence says “Swearing is bullshit” (135). Causes me to giggle and tell my coworker while we are approaching the midnight hour at work. It is completely geared toward this college student age reader. There are many other parts of chapter ten that stuck with me as well. One part was not announcing the people who unfollow you. I have seen this as spam on my Twitter feed most likely the girl who owns the account not realizing what was posted. I am known to go through my accounts and feeds early to remove certain people that I follow. Or I will do it in the heat of the moment when I am sick of their posts. If I do it, I cannot really complain when others do it to me. Another segment of the market that I thing could benefit from reading this book is online trolls. The people who are only around to cause trouble on the internet. They could use the knowledge displayed on page 131 stating “If you don’t like a post, shut up and move on.” Words of wisdom that could end a lot of internet fights. The last part of this chapter that stood out to me was about not delegating the social media to an intern. While they probably do not know that much about your company they know a lot about social media. Adding them to the social media team is a great way for them to learn and post things about your company and it is something that they will probably be passionate about. I know while I was interning I made a lot of contact lists on Cision and I wish I had done more things with social media.

That is all I have for these chapters check back next week for my thoughts and ramblings on the next few. 

Comments

Popular Posts