Tying Up Loose Ends

T-minus 21 days and counting until graduation. This idea has not fully hit me yet. It is a strange dream that I will be leaving Ohio Northern and the little village of Ada, Ohio. The scariest part is I am unsure of what comes next. I have been applying to jobs left and right however I have only heard back from two places. Part of me keeps making lists of everything that must be done before graduation, but the other part of me knows it will be done shortly and nothing will stand between me and my diploma. With these last three weeks ahead of me there are certain things I am making sure I do.
Walk all over campus one last time. I want to go into the buildings like Dukes and the dorms that I have not been inside of in years. I want to walk or roller blade the green monster and maybe watch a sunset from out in the field.
Transition all my organizations. This will be finalized this week with two transitions left, but it seems strange that this is the last thing I can do to leave a legacy with them. I was insanely involved with campus organizations with many meetings lasting until late at night.
Say thank you for the professor who has had my back the longest. I do not know how I would have made it through college without Professor Ewing having his office door open for me to talk to him all the time. Even being able to text him when stressed about the American Marketing Association was a huge relief that many college students do not get to experience.
Move out. I have so much stuff it is insane! Since my brother and I went to the same school our parents did not want us bringing all our campus things home for a few months just to take it back so we had a storage unit since my freshman year. This means everything has accumulated and things like my winter coats have not been home in years. My dad has a U-Haul rented to get all my stuff home. It does not help that my brother just left all his big furniture in Ada for me to use and bought new stuff. It does not help that I have one day to move everything before flying out on vacation.
Say goodbye. Tonight was the senior goodbye at chapter and it made me realize everything I have done and accomplish in the last four years. Not only are there so many friends to say bye to that I do not know when I’ll see next, but I must say goodbye to Ada which I have become very comfortable with. I am not sure where I’ll head next. I could move home for a week just to be offered a job in Columbus or even Florida.

Ohio Northern has been my home and the people here have become my family. The bonds that were made will never break although they may fade. It is a scary thought that the day before freshman move in I was so scared of the unknown and looking back I had nothing to fear. This is the end for my academic life. Over 15 years my life revolved around school and now it is changed. No longer will I be expected to learn but I will be expected to already know. For those of you with a few years left enjoy it because it goes quickly and one day you will be getting up and putting a robe on that signifies growth and change. Cheers ONU to the best four years. 

Comments

  1. It is crazy how time flies and a day you never thought would come is quickly approaching. Ada has become home for me as well in just the two short years I have been here. I am sure all your hard work has paid off and will continue to pay off wherever life may take you. Congratulations, I wish the best for you and your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is crazy how fast time has gone! I can't believe how fast my freshman year has gone already. It seems like you have had a great time here at ONU and that there are people who will have an impact on you for the rest of your life. Don't stress about the job, it will come. You are very talented (this formatting is amazing btw) and I have enjoyed getting to know you in this class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts