Live Tweeting from the Big Easy

This past week I had the honor of representing Ohio Northern University for the third time at the American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference hosted in New Orleans. I was excused from class and all my professors agreed to make arrangements for their work but this was one assignment I was willing to do while in the Big Easy. The original assignment was to live tweet an event on campus, but live tweeting a lecture at a marketing conference seemed like more fun. I chose to do it during Luke Wyckoff’s lecture. Mr. Wyckoff was a last-minute keynote during the opening night when the original speaker was delayed due to weather. He only had 90 minutes to prepare but he was ready to go. Due to his ability to joke that he was not the first-choice speaker and because of his amazing life story I decided to attend his regularly scheduled lecture the next day. I was extremely impressed not only by his work ethic and dedication but by his company and how hard he worked to build it and rebuild it.

The short hand of what happened was his CFO stole about $400 Million dollars and ran. He had to give up everything in his life; car, pent house, box seats etc. and start over to get out of the debt it caused. It was a few years ago, that he could fully make a return to his previous life but decided not to because it would have been all for ego. If you ever have the chance to hear Mr. Wyckoff speak I highly recommend it. He is friendly, engaging, and so funny! For those who are unable to hear him speak I guess you must settle for my live tweets from his lecture. You can find them here on storify.

Comments

Popular Posts